Instructions for exam
3 Maio 2022, 09:23 • Miguel Filipe Leitão Pardal
The course exam will be tomorrow, May 4th, 2022.
· The duration of the exam is 50 minutes.
· Identify sheets. This is critical, because the answer sheets may be separated.
· Some questions are not the same in different versions of the exam.
· The value of the question is presented in squared brackets, e.g., [1v] = worth 1 value in 20.
· In the open-response questions:
o Read all paragraphs of the question before you answer the first one.
o Be objective and concise in your answer. Justify all answers. Use only the space given.
o The exam can be answered in English or in Portuguese.
· In the multiple-choice questions (unless otherwise stated in underlined text):
Each question only has one fully
If there is more than one correct answer, choose the stronger statement.
o A question has N options. In your answer, you can select one or more options. However, for each question, the grade is calculated given the options you selected, in the following way:
§ The correct option is worth the full value of the question;
§ Each incorrect option discounts 1/(N-1) of the value.
§ For a question with N=4 options, you are undecided between two options, and select both: A and D.
§ Assuming the correct answer is A, then the grade is
2/3 of question value
(the right option A is worth 3/3 but the wrong option D discounts 1/3)
o Please write the answers in the table. This is critical, because all markings on the question text itself will be ignored.
o Write only capital letters (A, B, C, D, …) and inside the respective table cell.