National and European research contracts
The following examples illustrate the several on-going research contracts:
• Cohort effects within firms, and their implications for labour market outcomes and the business cycle, a project with the University of Edinburg and Michigan State University funded by the Economic and Social Research Council - UK.
• Comparative Analysis of Enterprise Data (CAED): Industry Dynamics, Firm Performance, and Worker Outcomes, a COST project with the Central European University.
• COINVEST-Competitiveness, Innovation and Intangible Investment in Europe (FP7 EU - Project).
• Innovation and the Global Economy: An investigation of critical challenges for Intellectual Property, Strategy and Policy in IT and beyond.
• Resource allocation for management support: Interactive tools, models, and applications (RENOIR).
• The Influence of Higher Education on the Dynamics of Entering and Exiting Entrepreneurship: A Longitudinal Study of Portuguese Business-owners.
Collaboration with Industry and the public sector
The following examples illustrate the several on-going contracts with industry and public institutions:
• Multi-criteria approaches for project prioritization and resource allocation: Decision conferencing for project prioritization with MACBETH and resource allocation with EQUITY.
• CLC II - Scheduling of oil products distribution through pipelines and inventory management at a distribution centre.
• LogInv - Aiming at developing a generic model to deal with the global supply chain management with reverse flows.
• Optimal Planning & Scheduling of Multiproduct Oil Distribution Systems.
• Private health insurance in the European Union: a study for the European Commission.
• QQUIP (Quest for Quality and Improved Performance) is a five-year research initiative of The Health Foundation.
• Application of the Multi-services Hierarchical Model to Hospital.
• Multinational Firms and Working Conditions.
• Spatial planning at the regional and local levels in Portugal.