· Bonnín Roca, J., Vaishnav, P., Mendonça, J., Morgan, M.G., (2017). “Additive Manufacturing: Irrational Exuberance?” Sloan Management Review.
· J. Mendonca and M. Heitor (2016) “The changing patterns of industrial production: how does it play for the Iberian Peninsula?” Technological Forecasting and Social Change, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2016.07.042
· Reis, A., Heitor, M., Amaral, M. and Mendonça, J. (2016), Revisiting Industrial Policy: Lessons Learned from the Establishment of an Automotive OEM in Portugal, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, doi: 10.1016/j.techfore.2016.04.006
· J. Duarte and J. Mendonça (2016), “Determinant of Careers patterns for Doctorate holders”, in Gokhberg, L., Shmatko, N., Auriol, L. (eds.) The Science and Technology Labor Force: The Value of Doctorate Holders and Development of Professional Careers. Springer International Publishing Switzerland, pages 193-232. DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-27210-8
· Reis, A., Mendonça, J., Amaral, M., and Heitor, M. (2016), On the changing nature of industrial production: implications for a research agenda in aeronautical industrial policy, In University Evolution, Entrepreneurial Activity and Regional Competitiveness, David Audretsch, Erik Lehmann, Michele Meoli and Silvio Vismara, pages 235-260, Springer, ISBN: 978-3-319-17712-0 978-3-319-17713-7
· J. Mendonca and C. Grimpe (2015) " Skills and regional entrepreneurship capital formation: a comparison between Germany and Portugal", Journal of Technology Transfer, DOI 10.1007/s10961-015-9444-5
· Heitor, M.V., Horta, H., and Mendonça, J., (2014) “Developing human capital and research capacity: science policies promoting brain gain”, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Vol. 82: pp. 6–22
· R. Baptista, Karaoz M. and J. Mendonça, (2013), “The impact of human capital on the early success of necessity versus opportunity-based entrepreneurs”, Small Business Economics, Vol. 42, Nº.4, pp 831-847.
· J. Mendonça, R. Baptista and F. Lima, (2011) “Establishment of Higher Education Institutions and Entry of Knowledge Based firms“, Research Policy, 40 (2011), pp. 751-760
· J. Mendonca and P. Faria (2011) “Innovation Strategy by Firms: Do innovative firms grow more?” Int. J. Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Vol. 12, No. 2
· J. Mendonça and R. Baptista, (2010) “Proximity to Knowledge Sources and the Location of Knowledge Based Start-ups”, Annals of Regional Science 45:5–29.