Main current topics of research:
· Advanced characterization methods & structural integrity assessment of materials & components.
· Materials processing & intelligible usage of solar heat for industrial processes.
· Ornamental & engineered stones; fracture mechanics & machining of hard materials.
See short list of R&D projects for enterprises, as project manager (max. 10)
Most recent participations:
Participation in the "2nd edition of Mechanical, Metallurgy and Materials Science conference" (organized by the Scientic Federation) which was held during February 13-14, 2020 at Lisbon: https://scientificfederation.com/metallurgy-2020/
Research Proposals approved at SFERA III Transnational Access Programme (European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under Grant agreement No 823802):
- 2019: Project Acronym: OpThLenses, Project title: Optical and thermal characterization of glass and quartz lenses under concentrated solar light; https://sfera3.sollab.eu/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/SFERA-III_List-of-SURP-Granted_190617-1-V2-1.pdf. For further information see: https://tecnico.ulisboa.pt/pt/noticias/projeto-opthlenses-considerado-um-dos-mais-promissores-de-programa-europeu-de-energia-solar-concentrada/
- 2020: Project Acronym: Cable-Heat, Project title: Low-angle incident beam for the use of optical fibre bundles to conduct concentrated solar radiation. https://sfera3.sollab.eu/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/SFERA-III_List-SURP-Granted_200811.pdf