Sustainable construction – The role of building materials. Possible pathways to reduce the impact of the building materials
3 Maio 2019, 11:00 • Ana Paula Patrício Teixeira Ferreira Pinto França de Santana
Sustainable development and construction
- Principles of sustainable construction
- Characteristics of the construction sector
- Impact of construction on the environment
- Pathways to reduce the impact associated with the use of building materials
- Contribution of Conservation and Rehabilitation of Built Heritage for the sustainable development of the construction sector
12 Abril 2019, 11:00 • Antonio Moret Rodrigues
Thermal comfort and energy balance of a building; Thermal Performance Factors: Orientation, Shape, Thermal Inertia, Thermal Insulation, Air Permeability, Solar Control.
Natural Lighting and Daylight Factor; Principles of design: Optical properties of glasses, Room sizing, Positioning, Configuration and Orientation of windows. Shading and light control devices (light shelves, brise-soleil, overhangs and vertical fins).
22 Março 2019, 11:00 • Miguel Amado
Challenges of rehabilitation and regeneration of the city.Presentation and discussion of student work.
15 Março 2019, 11:00 • Miguel Amado
Importance of buildings in the image quality of the city
8 Março 2019, 11:00 • Miguel Amado
Development of life among city buildings