5 Fevereiro 2021, 13:12 • Nuno Mamede
3 Fevereiro 2021, 11:19 • Nuno Mamede
The schedule for the oral exam (and the zoom link) are available here.
If you are enrolled and decide not to show up, please contact us immediately: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students have to show an identification card and cannot use any kind of information source (internet, book, written or digital document, ...)
We recommend that you show up 5-10 minutes before you are scheduled.
27 Janeiro 2021, 19:08 • Luísa Coheur
--> About the first exam: [grades available: Current grades including the Exam (not final)]
We cannot express how disappointed (and sad) we are with the exam. It is particularly downhearted to understand that, for some students, pledging by their honor is worth nothing. We detected text snippets extracted from the internet, answers with a dangerously small lexical distance, and many, many questions that were answered with answers from other exams (!). We considered annulling the exam. We just didn’t do it because we still believe that most of you did an honest job. However, you need to understand that you are also part of the problem if you help your colleagues or if you don’t fight against copies. This is why many professores (and students) are against online exams: situations like this diminish the credit given to your grades, to your course and to Técnico.
Questions about the first exam: Tuesday, 2nd February, 8:00AM—9:30AM (https://videoconf-colibri.zoom.us/j/83059455831, passcode:067675).
--> About the second exam (4/02/2021, 3PM):
The second exam will be an oral exam (enrolment: Monday (9AM) — Tuesday (11PM)). The final schedule of the oral exam will be sent to you (the exam will take place from 3PM to 6PM, or later if necessary).
Note: this second exam is not mandatory. It is just for students who still need to pass or would like to improve their grades.
22 Janeiro 2021, 08:22 • Luísa Coheur
About the exam:
- The exam will be online, in a Zoom session (Google classroom)
- The exam will be recorded
- The exam will be divided in 3 parts: multiple-choice tests (part 1) + Season 2 (part 2) + Season 1 and 3 (part 3)
- We will start every part at the same time, altogether
- Only one part will be “active” at each instant; when time is up, we move to the next part and cannot return to the previous one(s)
- The following algorithms will be given (if needed): unification, voting model, MED.
- In order to be evaluated, you will need to have your camera and micro turned on during the whole evaluation (but you are allowed to disable the sound of your computer).
- You can still bring your A5 page with notes, as explained in the previous announcements (A5 page, written on one side, with definitions, formulas, etc.). This is the only external source that you are allowed to use.
- During the exam there is no clarification of any doubts. If you detect any error, mark it. If you are right, you will be given the full score for that question.
- During the exam you should not talk or use the chat.
- If you are a native Portuguese speaker, please, write your answers in Portuguese!
18 Janeiro 2021, 20:59 • Luísa Coheur
- The exam will move to online, in a Zoom session (Google classroom)
- In order to be evaluated, you will need to have your camera and micro turned on during the whole evaluation. However, you can also opt to do the EXACT SAME exam (Google classroom) at Técnico (physical presence both at Tagus or Alameda). For this latter option, please send us an email (email@example.com) until tomorrow 6PM. If you don't do it, we will assume that you will be online.
- Either you take the exam online or in IST, you need to enroll for the exam. For the ones that already did it, there is no need to do it again; for the ones that are having problems with it, send us an email (as always: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The exam will be recorded
- The exam will be divided in 3 parts (and we will start every part at the same time, altogether)
- You can still bring your A5 page with notes, as explained in the previous announcement (A5 page, bla-bla)
Please, stay safe!