20 Setembro 2017, 09:37
Carlos Augusto Santos Silva
Welcome to the Energy Management Course. This annoucement highlights the most important aspects of the course.
- The course (4.5 ECTS) has a therory class (2 hours) and a problems class (1.5 hours) every week. In general, you can attend the theory class (monday or friday) or the problems class (tuesday or thursdays) that is more convinient to you.- The course will cover the topics described in the planning Tab in the course website.- Every week, a new topic is introduced on Friday, it is repeated on Monday and the problems class of Tuesday and Thursday are from that topic. Then on Friday, a new topic starts. This monday i just did a introduction to the course and the problems classes are covering a review of thermodynamic topics.
- Next Friday (Septemeber 22nd), a new topic will be introduced. Professora Tânia SOusa, who is co-teaching the course with me, will lead the classes.
- The slides from theory classes are available on Theory Classes Tab on the webpage
- The problems classes are available on Problems Classes Tab on the webpage
- Regarding evaluation you have 3 options
A- Full exam in January
B - Participate in the MOOC energy services at IST MOOCS platform (courses.mooc.tecnico.ulisboa.pt) -[you should register using the IST ID]. If you complete the MOOC with success, you only have to do 75% of the exam on january (3 out of 4 questions) and the MOOC grade will count 25%. This is not mandatory. The MOOC covers the topics of week 2, 3 5 and 6. The MOOC satrts on October 9th.
C - Wether you chose option A or B, you can do an additional activity: a Lab in December or participate in the project "Do COntra" and do a small energy audit in your house. These activities may improve the grade of the exam (A or B) in the following way: Grade=0.75 Exam+0.25Activity(lab or audit). These are not mandatory and they can only improve the grade.
Any question, please send an email with the word "GEne" in the subject and i will be glad to answer.
I hpe you enjoy the course and please fill free to give suggestions or make comments to improve the course.