26 Setembro 2022, 21:36 • Miguel Marques
Please read below important information, requiring urgent action from your side.
Practical ShiftsThe TBE course has currently two practical shifts in fénix, one on Tuesday (P3: 10:00 - 12:30 / P4: 8:30 - 11:00) and one on Friday (10:30 - 13:00), after the theoretical class (9:30 - 10:30).
Since the majority of the practical classes will be destined to group presentations and feedback, and given that:
- There are only 10 students enrolled in the Tuesday shift;
- There will be a comfortable number of groups for a single shift;
- Groups are expected to provide feedback and ask questions to each other.
With that in mind, we kindly request the students of the Tuesday shift to reply to the email sent earlier today, before 29/09, stating whether you have any impediment in attending the practical shift on Friday.
Bear in mind that attendance to group presentations is mandatory for the completion of the course.
In the absence of any registered impediments, the Tuesday shift will be closed and the TBE schedule will be updated to have exclusively the theoretical and practical classes on Friday, at their original times.
Group FormationFollowing last Friday's discussion in class, student groups should be formed as soon as possible, in order to allow the teams to start working on their projects right away.
As such, we kindly request that you submit your groups through the form below:
Group Formation & Submission Rules:
- Only one submission per (partial) group is necessary, containing the information of all the composing elements
- Each group should have exactly 5 elements
- Depending on the logistic demands of the groups, this number might be adjusted to 4 or 6 in specific groups
- If you do not have a (complete) group, you are still expected to fill in this form and proactively find a group by Friday.
- The deadline to fill in the form is Thursday, 29/09.
As stated in class, the course will be fast-paced and, therefore, the sooner you have your groups formed, the better you can manage your workload.
If you did not attend the class on Friday:The theme of the course is Social Innovation - "Developing goods and/or services to address the needs of vulnerable individuals and communities in the world.", and The Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) will be used as a starting framework in this context.
To find your group, you should get acquainted with SDGs and pick the top 3 to which you would feel the most compelled to contribute with your course project.
Then you should attempt to assemble your group with elements that:
- Share the same SDG interests as you;
- Have competencies to exploit the opportunities within that SDG that are complementary to yours;
- Enable your group to have as much of a multidisciplinary background as possible.