24 Janeiro 2021, 13:51 • Nuno Santos
I hope this is my last announcement regarding this exam. As I was uploading the exam questions on Moodle, I was surprised by the fact that someone was answering the questions that I was posting. This obviously means that Moodle was making them public ahead of time.
As you can imagine this is really frustrating as it forces me to do another exam.
Since I don't want to take more risks of leakage, I will not upload the questions to Moodle anymore. Instead, the process will be as follows:
- Tomorrow at 15h, I will publish a pdf on Moddle with the exam questions; the format of the exam will be similar to the format of previous years;
- 2h later, at 17h, you must upload a pdf of the exam containing your responses. There will be a grace period of 5min for submitting the exam. After that, I will not accept any other submissions. Don't wait until the last minute to submit the pdf. I will not accept any submissions by email under no excuses.
You can submit your responses as a single pdf file generated in one of the following possible ways:
- Write your answers directly in the pdf of the exam using Adobe Acrobat Reader, free version; this is possible if you add the text in the form of text fields which can be added in Acrobat Reader's commenting mode; then submit the new pdf file.
- Handwrite your answers directly in the pdf of the exam if you have an iPad, for example; submit the new pdf file.
- Write your answers in a brand new Word document, and then generate a pdf file.
- Print the exam, handwrite your answers, scan it, and submit a single pdf file.
- Handwrite your answers in white A4 paper sheets, scan the whole thing, and submit it as a single pdf file.
All sheets of the pdf file that you submit must contain your name and number.
Update regarding the location for the students doing the exam in person: I've just learned that the IST facilities will be closed. As a workaround, the students doing the exam in person (2 students only) should meet me at the INESC-ID headquarters at 14h30. It's located near the back stairs of IST Alameda. This is the exact location. As you enter the building, please ask to call Nuno Santos, room 503. I will reserve a room so that you can do the exam under the required social distancing conditions.
All the other instructions regarding Zoom still hold.