16 Março 2020, 13:14 • António Manuel da Nave Quintino
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE USE OF VIDEOCONFERENCING IN NON-FACE TO FACE TEACHING
Most lectures and classes will be delivered by videoconferencing, with some planned lectures to be delivered with videos and some classes with tutorials. Students will receive information in advance regarding the planned formats for each week.
For videoconferencing lectures/classes, for accessing zoom, the instructions are as follows:
1. Before each lecture/class, students will receive by email a link to attend the videoconferencing session through Colibri platform’s Zoom video conferencing system, as recommended in https://tecnico.ulisboa.pt/en/online-lectures/;
2. To attend a lecture/session, students MUST NOT login to the Colibri System. Login is only required by the session Professor/Organiser. Each login consumes licenses that may be crucial for other purposes;
3. When following the link sent by email, an authorization request should appear so as to access the zoom.us.app page. This step may take some time at first and students may be asked to install the zoom application;
4. After this, the option to test the audio system appears. It is suggested that this test is carried out in all sessions. This will take no more than 10 seconds and it allows students to confirm that the microphone and audio are working correctly;
5. After these steps, the main Zoom screen will be displayed, with the active lecture/class;
6. In the lower bar students should verify if the video and audio are turned off. The video and/or audio should only be turned on when asked by the professor.
Regarding individual utilization of the platform by students:
7. We suggest that students insert their names and, if possible, their photo in the account;
8. In some periods, students will be able to interact with the lecturer through the chat;
9. Lecturers may use pools (or kahoots) along the lectures, and students should be prepared for that.
Regarding a technical issue with the platform, due to a very high number of simultaneous uses of the Colibri system at the national level, some Colibri sessions may be limited to forty minutes. In case the session ends in forty minutes, you just click again in the link and the re-connection is almost immediate.