Mobility for Studies
Important Information and Procedures
- Applications to the Mobility Programmes for Studies, for national and international INCOMING mobility students are open from the 15th May to 15th June (for the 1st semester), and from the 15th October to 15th November (for the 2nd semester).
- Mobility studies at the IST can only be carried out at the Master level (2nd Cycle), the teaching language being English.
- Curriculum of the Integrated Master in Chemical Engineering - MEQ (for mobility: subjects of the 4th and 5th years only): https://fenix.tecnico.ulisboa.pt/cursos/meq/curriculo (then change to English, click on the "Ano/Semestre" tab, and click on the "Show rules" button at the top)
- Curriculum of the Master in Chemistry - MQ (for mobility:
subjects of the 1st and 2nd years): https://fenix.tecnico.ulisboa.pt/cursos/mq/curriculo (then change to English, click on the "Ano/Semestre" tab, and click on the "Show rules" button at the top)
- Curriculum of the Integrated Master in Materials Engineering - MEM (for mobility: subjects of the 4th and 5th years only): https://fenix.tecnico.ulisboa.pt/cursos/mem/curriculo (then change to English, click on the "Ano/Semestre" tab, and click on the "Show rules" button at the top)
- During the mobility, the students may have to change the subjects in their initial Learning Agreement owing, for example, to overlapping schedules, subjects not offered in a particular semester, subjects exceptionally not offered in English, etc.Therefore, students should propose changes in the curricular units, in agreement with their home mobility coordinators and fill in the "Changes to the Study Plan" form, indicating the subjects to be deleted and the new ones to be added. This document must be signed by the student and the IST departmental academic mobility coordinator, and then delivered at the NMCI until the 15th October (1st semester) or 15th March (2nd semester), who will introduce the changes in FENIX. In the case of the Erasmus+ program, students should complete the section entitled "During the Mobility" of the Learning Agreement form, where they will list the changes in relation to the initial Learning Agreement (which should match the alterations listed "Changes to the Study Plan" form). This section must be signed and stamped by the IST departmental academic mobility coordinator and by the student. The student will send the signed agreement to the home university for signing and stamping and archiving.
- After the mobility, the NMCI will issue a "Transcript of Records" and send it to the student's home Mobility Office.