17 Junho 2013, 12:46 - Helena Maria Lopes Romão Borges
Research position at CEHIDRO, IST-TU Lisbon
A research position is open at CEHIDRO, Instituto Superior Técnico, TU Lisbon (http://www.ist.utl.pt/). We require:
- MSc in Engineering Informatics, Computer Science or similar.
- Advanced knowledge of programming tools for engineering such as CUDA, C/C++, Fortran and Matlab.
- Experience in research projects and willingness to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Good level in both written and spoken English.
The work will be carried out within project RECI/ECM-HID/0371/2012 funded by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology.
The general objective is to develop High Performance Computing (HPC) solutions for Civil engineering applications, including Computational Fluid Dynamics, flow visualization and measuring with Particle Image Velocimetry and Particle Tracking, fluid-solid and fluid-structures interaction and Structural Mechanics.
The work involves optimizing and re-writing in CUDA existing codes for parallel GPU computing and/or coding new solutions for computer vision, namely tracking of moving objects and 3D reconstitution of irregular surfaces, for efficient processing of large sets of data (from experiments or from CFD), and for numerical simulation tools for Fluid
Mechanics and Structural Mechanics, in order to include greater geometric detail and more complex physics.
- 34 month scholarship compatible with FCT’s BI-Mestre typology (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores.phtml.en): 980 €/month plus insurance and social security.
- Fully equipped working space, including computational server with 8 GPUs (Tesla Kepler K20 5GB) and 16 2.0GHz CPU cores
- Integration into an engineering R&D environment with possibility to purse a PhD degree in Computer Vision.
- Full support to disseminate results of your work, including patenting and technology transfer support.
Closing date for applications: 20th June 2013.
Application must include: CV and motivation letter. (Certificates will be asked before formalizing the contract)
Applications and inquiries to