Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about MEE
- Are the classes taught in English or in Portuguese?
All MEE classes are taught in English whenever a single non-Portuguese speaker is in attendance. This is a normal situation, as there are typically foreign students attending MEE.
- When does the first semester start/end?
The precise dates are defined by Técnico on a year-by-year basis. Typically the first semester (fall semester) starts around the second week of September and classes will end before Christmas. The exams period starts after the new year and will end in February.
- When does the second semester start/end?
Again, the precise dates are defined by Técnico on a year-by-year basis. Typically the second semester (spring or summer semester) starts near the end of February /early March and classes will end in late May early June. The exams period starts after one week of recess and end in late June.
- How long does a semester last?
The current policy at Técnico is that each semester should have 14 weeks of classes. In some cases, it may have only 13.
- I am a non-portuguese student. What are the submission dates, fees and requirements?
Please visit this page for further information.